Pages

05 June 2011

November Socks!

I finally FINALLY finished these socks this weekend.

\

The yarn is serenity sock weight yarn--I got it at Hobby Lobby and this colorway was on sale. Being a child who loves all things vintage--this colorway of gold, olive green and rust orange was right up my alley.

The pattern is easy to do if you are a learning knitter such as myself and I highly recommend it if you're still waiting to get your feet wet in knitting. (no pun intended)

I had made some simple socks before, but I used worsted weight yarn and it was a very simple pattern so the lace weight sock yarn was a challenge for me but well worth it. These socks will actually fit in my shoes!

Now it just needs to stop being 96 degrees outside....

Here is the link to the free pattern on ravelry. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/november-socks

 If you are not on ravelry.com, I highly recommend it if you are a fiber artist :) Its a website just for us!

1 comment:

PoetessWug said...

They look really cute...but like a lot of work! The projects like this are the reason I don't knit much. LOL Good for you though!!...I am on Ravelry too, but I'm not there much. Can't figure it out, or find a reason to be there! Do they share patterns, just chat,...? I don't know. O_0