Pages

13 April 2011

Oh Vanna White

That Vanna White makes a mean yarn, I'll tell you what. Now I've been using Vanna's Choice as a cheap acrylic for a long time. Her colors are really rich and some are completely unique. When looking across the yarn aisle, Vanna's Choice by Lionbrand really stands out.  Wow this sounds like an ad for Lion Brand--they really should be paying me for this.

Anyway,  I bought a particular skein this week and just started using it. IN LOVE.
Click to view detail of 860-401
Its called "Grey Marble" and is a little bit lighter in person. It has awesome black and fawn flecks in it, making your crocheting interesting. You never know what the next row will be like.  If you have a particularly tight gauge, as I do, then it just enhances those awesome stitches and brings them into focus moreso than just a plain solid yarn.

My brain is swirling with all the things I want to make with it. Its very earthy and has almost an art-yarn feel to it with all of the different flecks of color.

There are three others of this type available as well

Click to view detail of 860-400
oatmeal

Click to view detail of 860-402
Wheat (which I'm dying to get my hands on)

and

Click to view detail of 860-403
Barley

Even their names suggest the flecks of color spun into each strand. Pure perfection that we typically do not expect from an affordable retail store yarn.  Good job LB and Vanna!

1 comment:

PoetessWug said...

I'm familiar with Vanna...and Lion Brand's...yarn and I LOVE IT!!! I hadn't seen these though. I can't wait to now! Thanks!